The warrantor will repair or replace, at its discretion, any EGLASS RAILING™ product used under conditions of normal use, and warrants that the powder coated finish, will not crack, peel, or blister for 5 years and will be free from defects in the metal railing and welds for 10 years. This warranty is valid for EGLASS RAILING™ product used in standard residential installations for the original consumer and may not be assigned or transferred.EGLASS RAILING™ TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND LIMITATIONS
Send warranty claims to:
- The warrantor’s sole liability and the owner’s only remedy is as follows:
- warrantor will repair or replace, at its discretion, the defective parts of the railing but will not be responsible for perfectly matching the colors between old and new product that may or may not exist due to weathering of material.
- If a problem with the powder coat occurs within the first year from the date of purchase, the repair or replacement will include materials, and freight costs.
- If a problem with the powder coat occurs after year one (1) and within year five (5), from the date of purchase, the repair or replacement will include the material only.
- If a problem with the metal railing or welds occurs after year one (1) and within year ten (10), from the date of purchase, the repair or replacement will include the material only.
- If the railing and/or railing components are installed without approval from and oversight by a qualified architect, engineer, or licensed professional, no repair or replacement will be made.
- This warranty does not cover damage due to: normal use or weathering which includes but is not limited to fading, scratching, or chalking, physical abuse, prolonged exposure to temperatures in excess of 110° C, corrosive atmospheric contaminants, continuous exposure to salt water conditions when installed within ten (10) miles of any coastal salt water, or continuous exposure to chlorinated pool water.
- This warranty does not cover any product failures associated with the use of adhesive tapes, mastics, or sealants that come in direct contact with the coated product, corrosion of screws and other fasteners used in the assembly or installation of the railing, acts of God, acts of war, civil disturbances, vandalism, terrorism, negligence, freight or transit.
- This warranty does not cover any defects in the design of any project that utilizes the railing and/or railing components, including any failure to comply with applicable building codes, ordinances or laws; likewise, the warranty does not include the cost of any new design by any design professional (i.e., a qualified architect, engineer, or licensed professional).
- EGLASS LLC, a distributor of LAMINATED GLASS products, warrants its LAMINATED GLASS for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase to the immediate customer and is therefore nontransferable. The terms and conditions of the LAMINATED GLASS Warranty stipulates that LAMINATED GLASS does not contain manufacturing defects that may result in edge separation that can obstruct vision through the glass surfaces. LAMINATED GLASS products that fail to conform to the Limited Warranty stated above must be documented and reported to EGLASS LLC in writing noting the facility and date in which it was originally purchased. Liability under this Warranty for defective LAMINATED GLASS product is limited, at EGLASS’s exclusive option, to replacing such LAMINATED GLASS product without charge F.O.B. nearest shipping point of EGLASS to place of original delivery or, in the alternative, a refund of 100% of EGLASS’s original selling price for such LAMINATED GLASS. Labor costs are not covered by this Warranty. The Warranty therein does not apply to replacement of LAMINATED GLASS beyond the Warranty period applying to the original LAMINATED GLASS. EGLASS Industries reserves the right to thoroughly inspect any LAMINATED GLASS product(s) which are allegedly to be defective prior to its removal from a glazing system, fabrication or installation location. EGLASS’s liability shall be limited solely to its responsibilities under this Warranty. In no event shall EGLASS be liable to any person or entity for indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages or charges for any reason.
CONDITIONS WHICH MAY VOID THE WARRANTY If any of the following events have occurred, EGLASS LLC will have no liability under this Warranty
EXCEPT FOR THE EXPRESS WARRANTY DESCRIBED ABOVE, THERE ARE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THE LAMINATED GLASS OR ANY PART OR COMPONENT THEREOF AND NO WARRANTY SHALL BE IMPLIED BY OPERATION OF LAW OR OTHERWISE.
- If the glass surface or panes are broken or fractured.
- If the LAMINATED GLASS is subjected to standing water or other liquids.
- If the cap rail or edge protection is removed despite being recommended by EGLASS to prevent weathering, delamination, and other water related damages.
- If the LAMINATED GLASS product is damaged or altered by handling, storage, fabrication, or installation contrary to recommended instructions by reference or industry standards GANA - Glass Association of North America, which includes these former independent associations: FGMA, LSGA, and GTA; SIGMA - Sealed Insulating Glass Manufacturers Association; IGMAC - Insulating Glass Manufacturers Association of Canada; NAAMM - North America Association of Mirror Manufacturers; and AAMA - American Architectural Manufacturers Association or equivalent.
- If the LAMINATED GLASS is attacked by incompatible glazing lubricants, glazing soaps, incompatible glazing gaskets, glazing sealants, incompatible cleaning fluids, moisture or building runoff, gluing or attachment of applied films, moisture or paints, adhesives, solvents or insulation, or exposure to solvent or chemical fumes.
- If the LAMINATED GLASS was discarded or destroyed.
- If the LAMINATED GLASS is installed in watercraft, solar collectors, or commercial refrigeration products.
- If the LAMINATED GLASS PVB Interlayer is cut with assistance of flammable liquids, either ignited or non-ignited.
- The warrantor will not be required to honor this warranty:
- If the railing and/or railing components were not installed according to the latest code requirements, or without proper permits.
- If the railing installation has been modified, altered, or changed at the time of installation or thereafter, and is not in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- If proof of purchase and payment in full is not submitted with the warranty claim.
- If reasonable access has not been given to EGLASS LLC™ representative for inspection purposes.
- If the railing and/or railing components are not properly protected or cared for in accordance with the manufacturer’s maintenance instructions.
- If the railing and/or railing components are not installed by a person or entity licensed in the relevant field, e.g., a qualified architect, engineer, or licensed professional.
- The customer assumes all risk and liability associated with the decision to use the product, as well as the manner by which the customer uses the product.
- The customer assumes all risk and liability associated with the construction, installation, or use of the product.
- The warrantor’s only liability is for the repair or replacement of the defective part of the railing and is not responsible for the loss of use or any consequential costs associated with the defect.
- The word residential, as referred to in this warranty, is defined as the term is used in the International Building Code, and includes dwelling or sleeping units, such as single-family housing.
- Claims must be made within thirty (30) days of the discovery of the problem. The claim must be in writing and include proof of purchase and payment.
- This limited warranty incorporates by this reference the terms and conditions included in the General Terms and Conditions, which accompany the customer’s Sales Order and are available for review at the following hyperlink: https://www.eglassrailing.com/terms-and-conditions.html.
3315 NE 112th Ave. Ste 80
Vancouver, WA 98682